BlogThe best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. -Gandhi
Our organization fits men in Baltimore who have experienced incarceration, homelessness, or other life challenges with recycled suits for job interviews. We’ve been around for five years, and 2016 is our year to grow our program and expand programming.
What do you actually know about No-Shave November / Movember? Working with our friends at NewsUp we’ve compiled a quiz with questions from ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer, The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults, and No-Shave November with additional insight from The Movember Foundation.
The Baltimore Community ToolBank empowers hundreds of community-based partners in their work by providing a large inventory of clean, sharp and ready tools. 70% of our partners are based in Baltimore City. The other 30% are regional–from D.C. to Delaware and everywhere in between.
The Casey Cares Foundation provides uplifting and heartwarming programs to enhance the lives of critically ill children and their families.
Casey Cares is participating in Baltimore Eats for Good, an area wide campaign that brings together restaurants, retailers and nonprofits for a fun, easy to do fundraising event. Baltimore Eats for Good and BmoreEvents sat down with Casey Cares to learn more about their mission and work in the community.
Civic Leadership: Business Volunteers Maryland and the Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore L.E.A.D. Initiative
Business Volunteers Maryland and the Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore (EAGB) are combining their efforts to keep the attention of Millennials and other professionals focused on working and living in Greater Baltimore. The L.E.A.D. Initiative provides professionals the opportunity to learn and meet with area business and civic leaders and participate in workshops and seminars on a variety of professional development and civic engagement topics.
What do you think of when you hear the word “volunteer”? We’re excited about this post because no matter what your thoughts about volunteering are, we hope to provide you with new and unexpected ways to get involved and make a difference…wherever you are, whatever you do! We’ll be reviewing volunteering opportunities in Baltimore, ways to volunteer nationally and globally, online mentoring opportunities, professional skills based volunteer projects, and even ways to volunteer while traveling!
At BmoreEvents, one of our goals is to improve outcomes for nonprofits utilizing technology to fulfill their mission. We’ve been able to highlight many resources over the past few months that help NPOs build momentum, but this post brings you 7+ (we threw in a few extras just for you) of the latest and greatest free marketing tools. We’ve scoured the internet to find the best technologies with the greatest benefits to help your organization to achieve success!
The Make a Mark Baltimore Make-a-Thon, a 12-hour design and development marathon benefiting local nonprofit and humanitarian organizations, will be held on April 14th at City Garage.
Offit Kurman is using Cake Cause Marketing (Cake), a Baltimore startup company, to run a digital cause marketing campaign with the Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center. On the Cake platform, Offit Kurman made a campaign landing page and pledged $10,000 to the Lombardi Center. For ever person that visits the landing page and clicks on the ‘Click Here to Help!’ button, Offit Kurman will contribute $20 to the Lombardi Center towards the full amount of the pledge.
This time in history calls for a different kind of conference – one that helps us make deeper connections to uplift communities. Connecting for Impact! – Justice for All is rising to the challenge. Featuring small, deep-dive conversations, the conference is focused on asking questions to find solutions.
Girls on the Run® is an after-school character development program that uses the power of running to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum that creatively integrates running. The program combines training for a 5k (3.1 miles) event with self-esteem enhancing, uplifting workouts.
I first learned of the R Baby Foundation last summer while working for Henry Belsky, whose family started this charity back in 2006. I had the honor of attending the R Baby Charity Tennis Tournament in Phoenix, Maryland the past two years, and have been supporting this organization ever since.